Saturday, September 22

Blueberry and White Chocolate Muffins

The other weekend we had heaps of blueberrys left so I decided to make some muffins. We didn't have the correct amount of ingredients for what the recipe asked for and they turned out better than ever! So I thought I'd share my new improved recipe, these muffins where definitely worth every single calorie! 

Ingredients (For 8)

150g Self Raising flour
1/2 table spoon of salt 
50g of sugar
1 table spoon of baking powder
1 egg
2 table spoons of butter
140ml milk 
2 hand full of blueberrys 
12 chunks of white chocolate 


Method 

1/Wash and drain the blueberrys and on a clean surface roll them in some self raising flour, leave them now till you need them, as they dry in the flour. 
2/Sift flour, salt, sugar and baking powder in to a large mixing bowl 
3/In a separate bowel beat the egg, then add melted butter and milk and stir
4/Mix in the liquid ingredients with the dry, yet leave some bumps, this will give your muffins a softer texture
5/Add blueberrys and while chocolate, try to brake the chocolate down into 3 or 4 chunks to a piece and stir into the mixture
6/Spoon mixture in to muffin cases in a baking tray, fill the case with 2/3 full with mixture
7/Leave in an oven at Gas Mark 7 or at 210 degrees for around 20 minutes, they should a light golden colour when cooked
8/Remove from the baking tray after around 5 minute, place them on a cooling rack and enjoy! (They taste best fresh the oven, and will literally melt in your mouth)
 

6 comments:

  1. Ooo I love muffins, these look so yummy. Definitely want to try this xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm these look/sound so yummy! :)
    Think I'm going to have to try your new recipe! :)

    http://www.danielleyc.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owww nice! These look delicious, i'll try this in my upcoming holiday I guess! Blueberry + white chocolate = <3 haha!

    I also like your new layout by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the comment on my blog :) ohh I've never thought of putting blueberries and white chocolate together, but sounds amazing. I'm going to have to make these this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM, blueberries and white chocolate sounds like a lovely combi!

    ReplyDelete